|Senior Olyvia Bish Earns All-KCAC Honors, Team MVP
|By Kasey McDowell
November 19, 2017
Former Mulvane Wildcat Olyvia Bish finished out her Senior soccer season at Southwestern University with style and earned All-KCAC Second Team Honors. Bish earned All-KCAC honors in 3 out of her 4 seasons with the Builders (2nd team her Freshman year and honorable mention her Junior year).
She was also selected as the Team MVP and Teammate of the year for the 2017 season.
Olyvia Bish started every game for Southwestern at goalkeeper and tied a career high in saves with 93. In her fourth season at the Lady Builders goalie, the native from Mulvane, Kan. held the opposition scoreless this season with four shutouts, two of those games came in double overtime.
Southwestern finished the season at (7-9-3, 4-4-3), and losing to Kansas Wesleyan in the KCAC quarterfinals.
Olyvia finished her college soccer career with 61 GP, 93 Goals Against (1.837 avg), 291 Saves (75.8% avg), 5 Shutouts, 21 Wins, 20 Losses, and 5 Ties.
Bish also earned the KCAC Champion of Character Medallion Award for the 2017 season.
The KCAC Champion of Character Medallion Award recognizes continuing student-athletes who have participated in intercollegiate athletics for a minimum of one full academic year.
Recipients need to have demonstrated the Champion of Character core values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Sportsmanship, and Servant Leadership.
Criteria for being selected for the All-KCAC Champions of Character Medallion:
1. Identified as a full-time student in good standing
2. Be currently participating in a varsity intercollegiate program
3. One full academic year of full-time status and participation in the varsity intercollegiate sport program
4. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
5. Students may be nominated and receive the COC Award up to 3 times during their career, provided the above criteria are met
6. The nominee has not been ejected for fighting or other sportsmanship reasons during the current sport season.