Track & Field / April 13, 2019 By Kasey McDowell
Coach Dale Landes and the Mulvane Track & Field team celebrated Senior Night last Friday in the last home meet of the season for Mulvane. The Cats finished the Senior night in fine fashion as the men's team once again took first place with 85 pts over Wellington (74 pts), Augusta (67 pts), and Circle (50 pts). The women's team once again took second place with 71.5 points behind Circle (103 pts) and over Wellington (47 pts) and Augusta (43.5. points).
The men's team had 6 first place finishes in this meet:
* 100 Meter Dash - Cole Diffenbaugh (11.29)
* 200 Meter Dash - Cole Diffenbaugh (23.19)
* 4x100 Meter Relay - Webb-Webb-Ellis-Diffenbaugh (44.11)
* Long Jump - Drew Ellis (19' 11")
* Pole Vault - Chase Milledge (13' - Personal Best Outdoors)
* Javelin Throw - Jeret Plummer (153' 3")
The men's team finished with 8 second place finishes, 1 third place finish, 9 fourth place finishes, and 2 fifth place finishes.
The women's team finished with 4 first place finishes in this meet:
* 800 Meter Run- Josie Russell (2:41.54)
* 4x400 Meter Relay - Williams-Hansen-Russell-Russell (4:18.77)
* 4x800 Meter Relay - Hansen-Russell-Williams-Russell (10:39.78)
* Pole Vault - Kloie Simons (9' 6")
The women's team finished with 7 second place finishes, 3 third place finish, 8 fourth place finishes, and 2 fifth place finishes.
The results of the Mulvane Invitational can be found here:
During the meet, the coaches and athletes took a moment to recognize the seniors Drew Ellis, Sahayb Hussein, Jeret Plummer, Ian Rex, Ryan Roderick, Zach Ruckman, Blake Scott, Johnathan Thorson, Jacob Walker, Braden Webb, Caden Webb, Eric Woods and their families.
The photo gallery from the meet can be found here:
The Senior Recognition Ceremony photo gallery is here:
The Cats have lots of action left for this season as they at least 7 more meets before Regionals.